Systems Engineer (2nd line)
Due to continued expansion, Pro-Networks is looking for experienced 2nd Line IT engineers to join our Support Team, providing support both remotely and at our customers’ premises.
Main duties will include:
- To take 1st and 2nd line support requests and to log them on our helpdesk system.
- To troubleshoot and resolve customer issues and questions, whilst maintaining an accurate task record in our helpdesk system
- Proactively help resolve support tickets as required
- To participate in infrastructure installation, hardware refresh and other projects as occasion demands
- Installation of new equipment and software at customer premises.
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 2nd line position (Required)
- Candidate must hold one of the following Microsoft accreditations MCSA or MCSE. (Required)
- Knowledge of working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Server - All versions
- Microsoft desktop PC OS XP – Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange - All versions
- Microsoft Office 365
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV and VMware)
- LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewall)
- High level desktop support skills
- Backup technologies (experience of ShadowProtect and BackupExec products is desirable).
Nice to Have
- Experience with SharePoint management and support.
The position will be both challenging and rewarding for the right candidate.