Dell SonicWALL Internet Security
In today’s online world, protecting your business data is critical. There is a never ending trail of stories on the news about large companies that have had valuable customer data stolen. It seems incredible that these companies cannot protect their data effectively when there are some really powerful products out there that are designed especially for this task.
Here at Pro-Networks we have teamed up with Dell to supply and install a range of these products to our customers – the product name: SonicWALL.
SonicWALL have developed an enviable reputation for network and internet security products over the past 25 years, and they have ranges which cater for all sizes of business.
The company itself was founded in 1991, but such was its track record that it was bought out by Dell in 2012. The current ranges of ‘next generation’ firewall products are fast and scalable – meaning you can expand the capacity to meet the needs of your growing business.
So what do these products actually do?
Effectively they scan all the packets of data that pass around your company network, inspecting them for issues. The hardware checks the validity of the data using a number of key services:
- The Intrusion Prevention System Service (IPS). A high-performance, deep-packet inspection architecture with dynamically updated countermeasures for complete protection from application exploits and other malicious traffic.
- Malware prevention service. A constantly updated ‘cloud based’ subscription service which stops malware, viruses, spyware, key loggers, and other nasty things from entering your network and infecting your devices.
- Content Filtering Service (CFS). Companies can create and apply web use policies that control access to certain websites containing information or images that are inappropriate, unproductive or even illegal.
- Comprehensive Anti-Spam Service (CASS). Offers businesses comprehensive protection from annoying, unwanted spam and attached viruses. Can be instantly deployed over existing Dell SonicWALL network security appliances.
- Enforced Client Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware. SonicWALL firewalls confirm that all computers have the latest version of anti-virus and anti-spyware software installed and active before authorising their access onto the network.
- The Application Intelligence and Control Service. Provides administrators with the tools they need to easily manage privileges and bandwidth for applications, users, groups or devices.
- Centralised Management, Reporting & Analytics. Optimise your security, manage growth, make administration simple and gain knowledge into traffic, bandwidth and threats.
A choice between security and speed?
With all these services in place your network and the data circulating will be safe and protected. But won’t all this activity make the network slow?
Absolutely not – because the dedicated hardware is more than powerful enough to cope with the workload, plus all the latest protocols and technologies are in place to ensure top performance.
For example SonicWALL’s RFDPI (Reassembly-free Deep Packet Inspection) technology allows simultaneous, multi-threat and application scanning and analysis of unlimited files sizes and connections at incredibly high speeds, and all in a single pass.
The explosion of mobile devices in the workplace, both employer issued and personally owned, has increased the demand on companies to enable secure mobile access to company resources and data.
To address these mobile needs, SonicWALL delivers a secure mobile access solution that combines its Mobile Connect application with its next-generation firewall products. The solution enables you to easily and quickly allow secure mobile access and role-based privileges for managed and unmanaged devices. You can provide mobile workers with fast, simple access to the company’s applications, data and resources that they require. At the same time the network is protected from mobile security threats, such as malware or unauthorised access.
A quick tour of the range
We’ll focus on the products which are most suited to small / medium businesses, although there are products which are suitable for large corporate organisations. Remember, being a SonicWALL partner, we have extensive knowledge of these products and we can help you pick the best one for your business needs.
- SonicWALL Network Security Appliance (NSA) series. Available in a number of different sizes (2600 – 6600) this next generation firewall is perfect for small – medium organisations looking for high end protection. Fast and easy to use they offer great value for money and peace of mind that you have ultimate security on your network.
- SonicWALL TZ series. Comprises 6 highly reliable and secure hardware firewalls, again designed for small – medium size organisations. Offering unrivalled security for wired and wireless networks, this series provide high-performance intrusion prevention, malware blocking, content/URL filtering, and application control.
- SonicWALL SonicPoint Wireless Access Point Series. The 3 models combine high-speed wireless technology with next-generation firewall features and services. With support for all wireless standards, the SonicPoint Series enables your company to use wireless technology in higher density environments without signal degradation.
Would you survive losing all your data?
The prevalence of computer hacking and malicious software means it makes sense to invest in effective protection for your network. Can you imagine the impact of losing all your data – would your business even be able to survive?
SonicWALL products give you the confidence and peace of mind that your data is safe and protected.
Dell firewalls block 4.7 billion intrusions on a daily basis and in real time. They currently protect over 250,000 customers in 200 plus countries. This is testament to the ability of SonicWALL.
Another key element of the SonicWALL range is their value for money. While they have an extensive and proven track record in terms of ability and performance, the cost of ownership can be surprisingly low. And don’t forget, the range is fully scalable to meet your needs.
Don’t take risks with your data
It’s not really worth it. Contact us today and we can provide you with advice on which product best suits your needs. Once you have made the decision we can install and configure the firewall to your exact requirements – and then you can be safe in the knowledge that your business is safe and secure.
Please note: Annual subscription may apply for security features