We need you! Support Engineer Job Description
St Ives Way,
Deeside CH5 2QS
Hours of Work
40 hours per week between the hours of 08.00-18.00
Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Service Desk Analyst.
Established and successful IT Services Company is looking to recruit a Service Desk Analyst to work as part of our Helpdesk team.
The Analyst should have a good knowledge of IT support and good customer service skills, ideally having previously worked on an IT service desk in a 1st 2nd or 3rd Line role. The role will involve dealing with helpdesk calls covering mainly Microsoft operating systems on desktop, laptops and Server technologies, together with other Networking Solutions including Switches and Routers Printers Active Directory Active Synch etc. It would be desirable if you had experience with call logging software and working on an IT helpdesk. On offer is a good salary which will be commensurate with your qualifications and experience, together with health benefits and a Company bonus scheme. Training is also provided and encouraged and we are a Prometric Test centre.
- The successful candidate will provide 1st 2nd or 3rd Line support to a network of customers.
- You will ensure that all problems are either solved or escalated to other members of the team.
- You will be required to be aware of and stick to the Service Level Agreement, and ensure that you do all in your power to meet these service levels.
- You will be responsible for logging calls and communicating all issues to other members of the IT team.
- You will be heavily involved in desktop support of printers, workstations and laptops, basic MS Office products and Office365 connectivity.
In addition to this, you will work on the management of the LAN and WAN networks and also work on and fix server operating system faults, escalating all problems that you are unable to deal with. There is also the opportunity to work on your own project work, and you will be given end to end responsibility for project delivery where appropriate. Excellent communication skills and organisational skills are essential prerequisites of the role.
This represents an excellent opportunity to join a forward-thinking and growing company which provides excellent opportunities for progression for those who shine in IT. It is an ideal opportunity for a recent graduate, and/or someone with good experience in a 1st/2nd/3rd Line support role elsewhere.
What we offer you
- Unlimited opportunity, with the chance to excel at your role
- Vibrant team who will help and support you
- Modern, bright working environment
- Training opportunities to help you grow
- Free parking
- Getting out as a team, whether for the Christmas Party, a curry night or day at the Races
Summary of experience and qualifications required:
Good experience of:
Server 2008 R2 Server 2012 Exchange 2007/2010 (also 2013) SQL 2008-2012 Windows Desktop clients – XP, Win7, Win8 Hyper-V
Good understanding of and ability to explain:
DNS DHCP Active Directory (Including user creation, password reset and general understanding of how AD works) Group Policy (Understand how Group policies work and what they do, rather than configuration) IIS NTFS Permissions/Share Permissions TCP/IP (Subnetting/routing etc) VPN Connections – IPSEC/SSL/PPTP
MCTS – Windows 7 (At least a client side Microsoft exam) Any MCITP/MSTS (Older MCSA/MCSE also considered) Any of the new MCSA/MCSE certifications. Degree in IT Minimal of 2 yrs experience working in a similar role