Where to find us
St Ives Way
Deeside CH5 2QS
St James Business Centre
Mon − Fri: 8am − 6pm
Sat − Sun: Closed
0844 414 1940
Need a hand? Visit our Help Desk!
Looking for better quality IT support? Better value? A partner proven, qualified and committed? Experienced? Well resourced? A recommended partner?
Then we should talk. Contact us now to find out the many ways that we can give you the peace of mind and rock solid IT reliability that you and your business demand.
No-nonsense; no fuss; no “if only’s” – just the pure and simple assurance that should disaster strike we’ll be standing at your side ready to deal with it quickly, professionally and effectively.
We already provide expert support to dozens of companies across the North West, many like yours – we can do the same for you too.
Did You Know?
Whenever you call our help desk, you will be dealt with by a UK based engineer who may be able to help with your problem immediately!
Add us to your SatNav
- Download the Pro-Networks_TomTom.zip POI file and save it to a location on your computer. Unzip (extract) the files. The zip file contains three files: an .ov2 & two .bmp files.
- Attach your TomTom device or TomTom Memory Card to your computer. How to do this this varies from model to model. Please see your TomTom documentation for instructions on how to do this for your device.
- Using Computer (located in the Windows Start Menu, on older Windows computers this is called My Computer) navigate to the Great Britain map directory or Western Europe map directory. (Apple Mac users should use Finder to locate the directory). Copy the .ov2 and .bmp files to this directory.
- Disconnect your TomTom or remove and replace your TomTom memory card into your TomTom. Restart your TomTom and go to Change Preferences, Manage POI, Add POI and select Network House.
- To navigate to Network House select: Navigate to…, Point of Interest, Pro- Networks. Select Network House and follow the on-screen instructions.
For more information please refer to the official TomTom website.
Before you start:
- You will need to use the Garmin POI Loader software. If you do not have this you can obtain it from the Garmin POI Loader download page.
- If you have already installed some custom POI files on your Garmin device, take care to put these POI files into the same folder as your other POI files. (They can be in their own subfolder.)
To install the POI files
- Download the Pro-Networks_Garmin.zip POI file and save it to a location on your computer. Unzip (extract) the POI files into a folder on your computer. The zip file contains two files, a .csv file and a .bmp file.
- After you have installed the Garmin POI Loader program (see above), connect your Garmin device (or your Garmin memory card) to your computer PC using the lead supplied by Garmin (or an appropriate card reader if you are using a memory card).
- If the Garmin POI Loader program does not start automatically, start it yourself.
- In the Garmin POI Loader program, browse to your POI folder and then follow the onscreen instructions and prompts.
- To navigate, select: Where To?, Extras, Custom POIs. Select Pro-Networks and then select Network House. For more information please refer to the official Garmin website.
For more information please refer to the official Garmin website .
- Download the Pro-Networks_Navman.zip POI file and save it to a location on your computer. Unzip (extract) the POI files into a folder on your computer. The zip file contains two files, a .csv file and a .bmp file.
- Every version of Navman has different instructions for uploading the POI file. Please refer to user guide that accompanied your device.
- Typically this will involve the downloading and use of the NavDesk software from the Navman website.
- If you no longer have the user guide for your Navman device, you can download user guides for all models of Navman equipment from the Navman User Guides.
For more information please refer to the official Navman website.
1. Download the Pro-Networks_Google.zip POI zip file and save it to a location on your computer. Unzip (extract) the files. The download contains three files: a .kml file, a .bmp and a .png file.
2. In Google Earth click File, Open… and browse to the location of .kml file. Highlight the .kml file and click the Open button. A new Pro-Networks category will appear in the Google Earth map display.
3. To allocate the Pro-Networks icon to the new placemark, expand the list, right-click on the Network House entry and click Properties.
4. In the Edit Placemark dialog click the icon button alongside the Network House field.
5. Click the Add Custom Icon button and browse to the extracted files. Select the .png file. Click on Open, OK, OK and OK once more to apply the icon.
6. Click File, Save to My Places to save your changes.
Before you start:
- Custom Google Maps are stored in user’s Google Drives. You will need a Google account. You can get a Google account by signing up (it is free) at: Create your Google Account
- This uses the same Pro-Networks_Google.zip file as the Google Earth process described above.
- This process uses the new Google My Maps, not the classic Google Maps.
- Google My Maps is located here: Google My Maps.
To install the POI files:
- Download the Pro-Networks_Google.zip POI zip file and save it to a location on your computer. Unzip (extract) the files. The download contains three files: a .kml file, a .bmp and a .png file (these last two are not used in this process).
- Browse to Google My Maps (see link above) and click the Create a new map button.
- Click on the Import link (beneath Untitled Layer).
- Drag the .kml file into the large white area that appears on the screen (or click the blue Select a file from your computer button and browse to the location of the .kml file, highlight the file and click Open).
- The map locations will appear in the map, and the text that previously said Untitled Layer will now read Pro-Networks.
- If you wish, you can click the text at the top left of the screen that reads Untitled Map and give the map a name you will remember. All of the changes you make are saved automatically into your Google Drive.
- Android users can install the Google My Maps app onto their device and directly use their custom maps on their Android device to navigate with.
- Apple or other users can use Google My Maps in the browser of their devices
For more information please refer to: My Maps on the Google Play Store.
Pro-Networks takes no responsibility for the content, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided by third party providers. The POI files are supplied as a convenience only. Pro-Networks cannot accept any responsibility for any errors or omissions contained within.
- POI files only specify the end point, your satnav device calculates the route itself!
- When using your satnav device please observe all due road safety regulations.
- Common sense and pre-planning of your route will more than repay the effort.
For questions regarding these POI files, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org